Before the digital age, we would carry around phrasebooks hoping that we could piece together what we wanted to say and that, that person would be patient enough with us.
Now I will tell you two pieces of advice about languages in different countries.
1. A lot of places you will be able to find people who speak English even if it is not their first language. We are lucky in the fact that English has become the universal language and more and more people are learning it. Now, this doesn’t mean that you won’t run into problems, or can always find people to speak English, but for most travel destinations you won’t be completely left in the dark.
2. I will always advise people that they should learn a few basic words of the language so you can use those in your daily travels. Hello, good-bye and thank you is all you need to start with. This goes a VERY long way with locals and they will make more of an effort to help you. Usually, when they hear you speak their language, they can tell you are not from there and will switch to English. This is also polite and respectful of being in a different country. It shows you are not an “ugly traveler” where you expect everyone to speak English.
Since we are now in the digital age, things have become so much easier with getting beyond greetings. I want to blow your mind with the things you can do with digital translation. Google Translate has packaged, for free, many different options to use in their program. We will go through and explain each one and then you can decide how you would like to use the program.
Downloadable course notes for reference
Downloadable cheat sheet of greetings in a variety different languages
Learn all the different user options in Google Translate
Realize how you don't need to fear going to countries that speak different lanugages
Discover what language packs are and how to download them before you leave
Understand what boundries there are within this app from real life experience
One year unlimited full access to your course
Download all document included in the course to your computer so you can refer to these indefinitely
Money back guaranteed within 7 days of purchase if you are not happy with the course *See our FAQ section for more details
- A message from your instructor
- Before you start...
- INTRO AND DOWNLOAD FREE PREVIEW
- HOME PAGE
- TEXT METHOD
- VOICE METHOD
- CONVERSATION METHOD
- HANDWRITING METHOD
- CAMERA METHOD
- TIPS AND TRICKS
- DELETING LANGUAGE PACKS
- Google Translate Course Notes
- Language Cheat Sheet
Jen has worked in the travel industry, lived and travelled around the world for over 20 years. She has experienced 81 countries and islands and 5 continents so far and sees no end in sight. Her passion for this industry is reflective in her knowledge and expertise while teaching people all she knows.
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who are nervous about traveling to a destination where English is not the first language. It is also for people that want break free from phrase books and learn how to communicate using technology. Trust me this is going to blow your mind!
How do I get my course and content?
When you decided to purchase a course it will take you to the checkout process with two steps:
1. Sign up for a student account, or log into an existing student account.
2. Select a payment method, input your credit card details and confirm the purchase
Once you have enrolled, you’ll be given access to the course when it is available. If you pre-purchased our mini course you will be notified when it is live. If you purchased a mini course after the pre-purchase time, you will be given immediate access. If you pre-enrolled into our Travel Academy, you will be given access on the next start date. Your courses will available via the course player. Here you can view the curriculum, watch your videos and more.
What is your refund policy?
We offer a 7-day peace of mind guarantee refund policy. If you are unsatisfied with your course we will refund you in full. To be eligible for a refund, the course needs to be completed in full.